Listening to this interesting discussion about the road from migration to integration, I heard several interesting, concrete suggestions by the people who spoke / talked:
- Minute 25: Find out which values people, who live among refugees, share with refugees.
- Minute 25: Find out which interests people, who live among refugees, share with refugees.
- Minute 27: Help refugees learn to speak / write one or more languages used in the local environment.
- Minute 31: The minute when a refugee gets a job, he/she stops being a refugee and starts building a life.
- Minute 34: https://www.airbnb.com/ helps provide housing for aid workers in troubled areas.
- Minute 35: https://www.linkedin.com/ helps connect people, who have certain skills, with other people who want to get things done for which those skills are needed.
- Minute 68: Let the kids of refugees go to schools and universities with the local population.
- Minute 70: Encourage people in the local population to communicate with / invite / involve refugees.
Some questions to help discover values people have: